Wednesday, March 4, 2009

first impressions

Lately, it seems everyone on facebook is doing this list of “25 Random Things About Me.” I haven’t done one yet, because, “#1) I’m a huge procrastinator,” but if I did, there might have been a line in there that read, “#5) I was recently asked by a really cool online clothing company to try my hand at writing their blog.” You might already have seen my face on the Sydney’s Closet site, and you already know what great selection and value they offer. If you are new to the site, I can tell you from my working with them that in addition to having fine eyes for fashion, the folks behind the scenes here are great people, too, and “#12) I’m a good judge of character — my first impressions are usually right on.”

I’ve been acting and modeling in and around the New York City area for five years now, and with all the ups and downs of the business, it’s a good thing that, “#14) Perseverance is one of my strongest qualities,” or else I probably would have given it up four years ago. “#18) As a kid, I moved around a lot, and never stayed in one school for very long.” I consider my experience in the modeling world a part of my continuing education, or maybe I should say, “#23) I attended graduate school at Hard Knocks and Sweat More.”

I’ve learned a lot along the way, about myself, business, style and life in general. I’m excited by this opportunity to share some of that here with you a couple times a week. Stay tuned for the next installment, where I shall thrill you with a tale of bronchitis, a flat tire, a runway show at a blingy hip-hop club, dead batteries and fabulous sashimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment